The aim of the Trilogy project is to develop new solutions for the control architecture of the Internet and remove the known and emerging technical deficiencies while avoiding prejudging commercial and social outcomes for the different players. The focus is the generic control functions of the Internet - the neck of the hour-glass but for control. Our architectural design activities focus on a radical approach to develop a Future Internet for the next 20+ years. This design is tempered and refined by considering the need for incremental deployment.
Journals and Book Chapters
- H. Warma, T. Levä, H. Tripp, A. Ford, A. Kostopoulos. “Dynamics of Communication Protocol Diffusion: the Case of Multipath TCP”. NETNOMICS: Economic Research and Electronic Networking, Springer, November 2011 [pdf].
- P. Eardley, M. Kanakakis, A. Kostopoulos, T. Levä, K. Richardson, H. Warma: “Deployment and Adoption of Future Internet Protocols”. In J. Dominigue et al. (Eds.): The Future Internet: Achievements and Technological Promises, ISBN 978-3-642-20897-3, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Volume 6656, pages 133-144, Springer, May 2011 [pdf].
- T. Levä, H. Warma, A. Ford, A. Kostopoulos, B. Heinrich,R. Widera, P. Eardley. “Business Aspects of Multipath TCP Adoption”. In G. Tselentis et al. (Eds.): Towards the Future Internet: Emerging Trends from European Research, ISBN 978-1-60750-538-9 (print) and ISBN 978-60750-539-6 (online), pages 21-30, IOS Press, April 2010 [pdf].
- A. Kostopoulos, A. Dimakis, C. Courcoubetis. “Games Between Competing ISPs Employing Different Pricing Schemes”. Euro-NF International Workshop on Traffic and Congestion Control for the Future Internet, Volos, March 2011. [pdf]
- A. Kostopoulos, K. Richardson, M. Kanakakis. “Investigating the Deployment and Adoption of re-ECN”. ACM CoNEXT ReArch'10 - Re-Architecting the Internet, Philadelphia, November 2010. [pdf]
- M. Bagnulo, P. Eardley, A. Ford, A. Garcia, A. Kostopoulos, C. Raiciu, F. Valera. “Boosting mobility performance with Multi-Path TCP”. Future Network and Mobile Summit 2010, Florence, June 2010. [pdf]
- A. Kostopoulos, H. Warma, T. Levä, B. Heinrich, A. Ford, L. Eggert. “Towards Multipath TCP Adoption: Challenges and Perspectives”. NGI 2010 - 6th EuroNF Conference on Next Generation Internet, Paris, June 2010. [pdf]
- C. Kalogiros, M. Bagnulo, A. Kostopoulos. “Understanding Incentives for Prefix Aggregation in BGP”. ACM CoNEXT ReArch'09 - Re-Architecting the Internet, Rome, December 2009. [pdf]
- H. Hammainen, A. Ford, A. Kostopoulos, B. Heinrich, T. Levä, R. Widera, C. Courcoubetis, P. Eardley. “Business Models in a Multipath World”. Future Internet Assembly (FIA) Stockholm, November 2009. [pdf] [poster]
- C. Courcoubetis and A. Dimakis. “Tariffs, Mechanisms and Equilibria at a Single Internet Link”. NETCOOP, 2009. [pdf]
- C. Courcoubetis, A. Dimakis, “Congestion Control and Pricing of Volume Intensive Applications”. ITC 21, Paris, September 2009. [pdf]
- C. Kalogiros, A. Kostopoulos, A. Ford. “On Designing for Tussle: Future Internet in Retrospect”. IFIP EUNICE 2009 - The Internet of the Future, LNCS 5733, pages 98–107, Barcelona, September 2009. [pdf]
- C. Courcoubetis. “Socioeconomic issues in the Internet of the future”. Keynote speaker, 2nd Future Internet Socio-Economics (FISE) meeting, December 2008, Madrid. [pdf]